Elastopast ELT 400
ELASTOPAST is a cold applied elastomeric bitumen mastic, joint sealant and adhesive for waterproofing, adhering, sealing leaks and making repairs.
- Owing to the elastomeric polymers in its composition, it is highly flexible, adhering and waterproof. It may be applied within the temperature range of +5 to +50 °C.
- It is resistant to UV rays.
- It protects the applied surface against corrosion and humidity.
- It does not contain asbestos.
- It has a wide range of use from the simplest household repairs to professional applications requiring expertise. It preserves its properties between -35 °C and +110 °C.
- It does not damage, burn, distort and deform other plastic materials.
- It is not flammable after application and setting.
- It strongly adheres on all surfaces such as wood, metal, plastic, concrete, glass, roof tile, brick, insulation panels and membranes and ensures a flexible and durable binding.
- It is a sealing and adhesive material that has a vast usage area ranging from industrial to hydraulic use. It has a very wide usage area in houses.
- It can stand light loads within several minutes from application and reaches maximum adhesive resistance upon full setting.
- It preserves its flexibility for a long time after application and setting.
- It is specially formulated for ease of use. It does not drop, spread and flow; therefore, it always ensures a rapid, clean and professional result.
PLACES OF USE
- In the joint filling of all horizontal and vertical in buildings, roads, bridges, dams, etc. engineering structures,
- As a waterproof filling and repair material in joint gaps, chimney bottoms, in the installation of ventilation and roof windows, and pipe outlets,
- In adhesion and repair of bituminous shingles,
- In adhesion, installation and repair of bituminous membranes,
- For waterproofing in car and caravan production,
- In the joints of wooden ship and boat insulation materials.
- In irrigation and potable water plants and water reservoirs,
- In repairing worn and cracked insulation bituminous covers
- In canalette and dam constructions,
- In the construction and general repair works of factory buildings and prefabricated structures;
- In the joints of the walls adjacent to doors and windows,
- In green roofs and wall connections,
- In the end tips and seams of conduits.
The application surface should be free of dust, dirt, rust and oil, and dry. Loose parts scraped. Depending on the surface of application, BITUSOL should be applied as a primer on the surface of application when required, and its complete drying should be waited.
After the surface where ELASTOPAST will be applied is cleaned and the bitumen solution applied for a better adherence has dried, the product is applied to the surface or joint by means of a trowel or gun.
As it is applied cold, it is used without heating. However, in cold weather, it should be kept in room temperature the day before application.
It varies depending on the smoothness of the surface of application and the thickness of application.
ELASTOPAST is presented in Net 17 kg tin packages or 310 ml cartridges.
STORAGE CONDITION AND SHELFLIFE
It should be stored in covered places under 5-30 oC.
The shelf life is 12 months when stored in dry and cool spaces as contained in its unopened original package.
- Avoid direct contact with fire.
- As it contains a small amount of volatile solvent, smoking, making a fire and using sparkle generating instruments during application is prohibited.
- In case indoor use is required, the ambient ventilation should be ensured and health measures should be taken.
- The cover of the container should not be left open.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and the skin.
The data contained in this technical document is based on scientific knowledge. BTM A.Ş is only responsible for the product quality.
BTM A.Ş. may not be held responsible for other than recommendations on how and where to use the product and/or any improper use and consequences thereof.
BTM Bitümlü Tecrit Maddeleri Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. Kemalpaşa O.S.B. Mahallesi Gazi Bulvarı No:152 35730 Kemalpaşa/İzmir TURKEY Phone:+90 232 877 04 02 Fax:+90 232 877 04 10 email@example.com • www.btm.co
Please Save The Page As PDF
ISO 9001-2015 Quality Management System Certificate
ISO 9001-2015 IQ-NET Certificate