Bitümer BTR 200
Bitumer BTR200 is cold applied, non-flammable,single component, corrosion-resistant, water based bituminous waterproofing material
- As it does not contain solvent, it is environment friendly and can be easily used indoors.
- It can be applied on dry and damp surfaces.
- After drying, it forms a water and moisture proof layer on the surface of application.
- It is used as insulating coating, as an additive improving tightness and adherence in cement based mortars and as primer under bituminous coatings after diluting with water.
- Basis: Bituminous emulsion
- Color: Dark brown
- Density: avg. 1kg/l
- Flash Point: No flashing
- Application Temperature: +5°C / +35°C
- Chemical Resistance: Resistant to diluted acids, alkali, chloride and sulphate ions
PLACES OF USE
- Dampproofing exterior below-grade foundations and walls,
- As water insulation material in dry or slightly moist details such as kitchen, bathroom, etc.,
- As primer under bituminous waterproofing membranes,
- As primer material and binder in fiber glass, canvas, etc. applications,
- As an additive improving tightness and adherence in the mortars and plasters formed by cement and/or fine sand,
- In order to prevent flexion of construction templates due to water and as template separator
The application surface should be free of dust, dirt, rust and oil. Loose parts scraped. Pointed tips and sharp corners should be rounded. If required, may be applied by thinning Bitumer BTR 200 with water by 1:1 by weight.
Prior to applying the primer on the surfaces to be insulated, surface smoothness, surface dryness and the existence of a sufficient slope finish should be controlled. Bitumer BTR 200 is applied on the surface by means of a brush or spray gun so as to be 400 g per square meter and left until drying. It dries within approximately 4 ? 5 hours, depending on the weather conditions. In double layer applications, the second layer should not be applied until the first one is completely dry. Application of bituminous membrane is started after the primer is completely dry.
Approximately 400 g/m2, depending on the smoothness of the surface of application.
When used as primer, averagely 800 g/m2, depending on the smoothness of the surface.
Bitumer BTR 200 is presented in 17 kg (net) plastic packages. The product information is given on the label pursuant to TS 113.
STORAGE CONDITION AND SHELFLIFE
Bitumer BTR 200 should be stored in a cool and covered place in a vertical position. It should not be exposed to sunlight.
When stored in its original package unopened in a dry and cool place, its shelf life is 12 months.
- It should be protected from frost during storage.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and the skin.
- Clean the tools with water immediately after application.
The data contained in this technical document is based on scientific knowledge. BTM A.Ş is only responsible for the product quality.
BTM A.Ş. may not be held responsible for other than recommendations on how and where to use the product and/or any improper use and consequences thereof.
BTM Bitümlü Tecrit Maddeleri Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. Kemalpaşa O.S.B. Mahallesi Gazi Bulvarı No:152 35730 Kemalpaşa/İzmir TURKEY Phone:+90 232 877 04 02 Fax:+90 232 877 04 10 firstname.lastname@example.org • www.btm.co
Please Save The Page As PDF
ISO 9001-2015 Quality Management System Certificate
ISO 9001-2015 IQ-NET Certificate