Elastomeric Liquids And UndercoatingDetaylı Bilgi Alın
BTM Elastopast Wet
Areas of Use
- In the joint filling of all horizontal and vertical in buildings, roads, bridges, dams, etc. engineering structures,
- As a waterproof filling and repair material in joint gaps, chimney bottoms, in the installation of ventilation and roof windows, and pipe outlets,
- In adhesion and repair of bituminous shingles,
- In adhesion, installation and repair of bituminous membranes,
- For waterproofing in car and caravan production,
- In the joints of wooden ship and boat insulation materials,
- In irrigation and potable water plants and water reservoirs,
- In repairing worn and cracked insulation bituminous covers,
- In all grouts, overlapping points and joints on roofs,
- In canalette and dam constructions;
- In the construction and general repair works of factory buildings and prefabricated structures,
- In the joints of the walls adjacent to doors and windows,
- In greenhouse roofs and wall connections,
- In the end tips and seams of conduits.
- Specific gravity: Averagely 1.70 g/cm3
- Service temperature: -35°C/110°C
- Flammability: Not easily flammable
- Owing to the elastomeric polymers in its composition, it is highly flexible, adhering and waterproof.
- It may be applied within the temperature range of +5 to +50 °C.
- It is resistant to UV rays.
- It protects the applied surface against corrosion and humidity.
- It does not contain asbestos.
- It has a wide range of use from the simplest household repairs to professional applications requiring expertise. It preserves its properties between -35 °C and +110 °C.
- It does not damage, burn, distort and deform other plastic materials.
- It is not flammable after application and setting.
- It strongly adheres to all surfaces such as wooden, metal, plastic, concrete, glass, roof tile, brick, isolation panels and membranes, and ensures a flexible and durable binding.
- It is a sealing and adhesive material that has a vast usage area ranging from industrial to hydraulic use.It was developed for use particularly in cold and rainy weather; it is very effective even under the water. It has a wide usage area in houses.
- It can stand light loads within several minutes from application and reaches maximum adhesive resistance upon full setting.
- It preserves its flexibility for a long time after application and setting.
- It is specially formulated for ease of use. It does not drop, spread and flow; therefore, it always ensures a rapid, clean and professional result.
The application surface should be free of dust, dirt, rust and oil, and loose parts scraped. Pointed tips and sharp corners should be rounded. Depending on the surface of application, BITUSOL should be applied as a primer on the surface of application when required, and its complete drying should be waited.
After cleaning the surface where ELASTOPAST WET will be applied and the bitumen solution applied for a better adherence has dried, the product is applied on the surface or the joint by means of a trowel or gun.As it is applied cold, it is used without heating. However, in cold weather, it should be kept in room temperature the day before application. When applying on wet and damp surfaces, the mouthpiece should be pressed on the surface.
It varies depending on the smoothness of the surface of application and the thickness of application.
ELASTOPAST is presented in Net 17 kg tin packages or 310 ml cartridges.
Storage Conditions and Shelf Life
It should be stored in covered places under 5-30 oC.
The shelf life is 12 months when stored in dry and cool spaces as contained in its unopened original package.
- Avoid direct contact with fire.
- As it contains a small amount of volatile solvent, smoking, making a fire and using sparkle generating instruments during application is prohibited.
- In case of in indoor applications, the place should be well ventilated and necessary health precautions should be taken.
- The buck cover should not be left open.
- Eye and skin contact should be avoided.
The data contained in this technical document is based on scientific knowledge. BTM A.Ş is only responsible for the product quality.
BTM A.Ş. may not be held responsible for other than recommendations on how and where to use the product and/or any improper use and consequences thereof.